Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Avant et Après

BEFORE

Don't you enjoy a good before and after post? Well, voila! I wanted to create a conversation area in my living room so I found these cute matching chairs on craigslist. While the fabric wasn't bad at all, it was too dark for my taste. I recovered it in this cameo toile fabric. I was torn on whether to paint the trim white or silver leaf it, or just leave it alone. As you can see, I opted for the latter.

AFTER



Try to ignore the annoying lamp cord in the photo! I need to tape that to the table. The table is also my sewing machine. The little ottoman below it also stores a lot of my sewing sundries.
I also want to thank Dawn from the Feathered Nest for her sweet comment. She is one of my favorite bloggers!

2 comments:

Cindy ~ My Romantic Home said...

That looks great! I have a similar chair, but it is smaller and has a rose carving at the top. I also got it from Craigslist. It's still waiting to be fixed up! You have inspired me though!

The Feathered Nest said...

Meagan, these chairs are wonderful!! I love toile and it looks gorgeous on them!! What a pretty grouping with the table and chairs. Great idea too for storing toys, they are down low for easy grabbing! Thank you so much for your sweet words on my blog....Wishing you a wonderful week! xxoo, Dawn